This article provides the instructions to create and configure a Table card, which allows you to display data or quantitative information in a structured table, either by manually adding the data into the table, or importing it from an Excel spreadsheet.
The following features and customizations are available on the Table card:
- Manual data input or from an external source using a URL.
- Table title, header and body customizations.
- Background color and media support.
- Custom row height and column width settings.
- Conditional formatting.
- Column sorting.
- Data filtering.
- Table pagination, with transitions and custom durations.
What’s in this article:
- Ensure your device is compatible. Refer to Compatible Appspace Cards.
- Account Owner, Publisher, or Editor (author) role in Appspace to.
Create and Configure Table Card
Follow the instructions below to create and configure the card:
- Log in to the Appspace console.
- Click the QUICK ACTION menu on the top-right, select Create Card, and proceed to step 4 below. Or click Library from the Appspace menu navigation bar on the left, and proceed to step 3 below.
- Select the desired folder in the library, and click the ADD button, and select Create Card.
- Select Table from the Filter by template menu, and select a desired card template.
- Enter in the Title to be displayed on the card. The Text Editor can be used to customize the text styles.
- There are two options to populate data into the Table card, select your preferred option:
- URL (External Data Source)
- Enter in the URL link for the external data source ( array of object array, .csv, or .xslx )
- Select the Refresh URL, and enter in the duration in minutes.
- Set Duration – Retrieves external data from the URL link provided depending on the duration set.
- Card Reload – Reloads the entire Table card depending on the duration set.
- Manual Input / Upload (Internal Data Source)
- URL (External Data Source)
- Customize the table with the following options:
- Customize the Header Styling and Row Styling, such as font, size, color, background.
- Select the Row Height:
- Fixed – Displays the Rows per page option, allowing users to set the number of rows to display in a page.
- Select the Column Width:
- Distribute equally
- Select the Display Options:
- Enable auto paging
- Enable word wrap
- Enable row shading
- Select the Page Transition
- Continuous scrolling
- Select the Page Duration (Seconds)
- 8 secs
- 12 secs
- 24 secs
- Hover over the column to bring up the column inline controls, which allow users to:
- Format Column – Enables individual column styling and text wrapping options for the selected column.
- Conditional Formatting – Enables conditional formatting for the selected column.
The following conditional formatting options are available:
- Positive values
- Negative values
- Is empty
- Is not empty
- Greater than
- Greater than or equals to
- Less than
- Less than or equals to
- In range
- Out of range
- Text contains
- Text does not contains
- Text is exactly
- Highlight Column – Expands the selected column by using the remaining width of the table, once non-highlighted columns take on the natural width of the table.
- Sort Column – Enables the selected column to be sorted either acsending or descending order.
The acsending order is sorted based on the following sequence:
- Empty value
- Filter Column – Enables the selected column to display only the filtered records.
The following filter options are available:
- The following card customizations options can be done:
- Select the Banner color and logo position.
- Select the Background color or image.
- Once customizations have been made, click Next.
- In the Save tab, enter in the Title, as this is a mandatory field. Optionally, you may enter in the Article, Caption, Content Expiry, Content Tags and even upload a custom thumbnail for the content.
- Click Save to complete, and you may now proceed to add the card into a playlist channel.
Was this article helpful?