Appspace App now supports the Linux Ubuntu platform, one of the more widely used Linux distribution for workstations, cloud, and IoT devices.
This article provides instructions to install and register Appspace App on Linux Ubuntu-based devices.
- The device must meet the manufacturer’s minimum hardware and technical specifications. Please refer to Supported Devices & Operating Systems.
- An active Appspace account, with sufficient User IDs for user mode, or Device IDs for device mode.
- An active Internet connection.
- It is recommended that the device clock is set to automatically retrieve time from a Network Time Protocol (NTP) server, with the correct time zone, in order for it to sync correctly with the Appspace server.
- Please ensure your network is configured to allow Appspace whitelist URLs and the relevant network ports.
- On your proxy server, whitelist the hostnames listed in the ‘How to set up networks with SSL content filters’ section in the following article: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/3504942#sslinspection
Install Appspace App
Follow the instructions below to download and install the Appspace App.
- Launch the Snap Store from your device, and search for Appspace App.
- Select the Appspace App, and click Install.
- Once installed, launch the Appspace App application, and proceed to register your device.
Update Appspace App
Appspace App is automatically updated by default on Linux Ubuntu devices. However, if the app does not update, please follow the instructions to manually updating Snaps in the following Managing Updates article: https://snapcraft.io/docs/keeping-snaps-up-to-date
Uninstall Appspace App
To uninstall the Appspace App on the device, follow the instructions in the following Remove an application article: