This article provides the instructions to import and register Crestron devices that are managed by Crestron XiO Cloud, an advanced device registration method ideal for bulk-registering devices in your local network.
- An Appspace App supported device installed and configured with the Appspace App.
- An active Appspace account, with sufficient Device IDs to register the device.
- Account Owner or Network Administrator privileges in Appspace.
- Crestron XiO Cloud account.
By default, the Crestron XiO option is disabled. To enable the Crestron XiO option, navigate to Networks in the Appspace console and insert the following network property: feature.registration.crestronxio = true
Import and Register Devices with Crestron XiO Cloud
- Log in to the Appspace console.
- Launch the device registration page via one of the following methods:
- In the Register a New Device window, click the advanced device registration link.
- In the Configure Advanced Registration window, select Crestron XiO for the Deployment method drop-down menu.
- Enter the Crestron Account credentials (Account ID and Subscription Key), and click the Authenticate button.
- Once successfully authenticated, click the Browse XiO devices button, and select the desired Crestron devices to import, and register to Appspace. Once devices have been selected, click Save.
- Proceed to Select a network. If a network has not been created, you may skip this step and assign a network later.
- In the Channel selection mode field, select one of these playback options and assign a channel (if already created):
- Users can browse published channels – this is the interactive mode or channel browsing mode, ideal for TVs or displays with touch-screen, or with a mouse/keyboard attached.
- Channels will autoplay sequentially – this option is currently available only for playlist channels. Channels with autoplay based on the playlist sequence or any scheduling or dayparting settings configured.
- Administrators can select a single channel – ideal for signage, you may select either a playlist channel, an advanced channel or a live channel. However to select a channel here, the channel must already be created prior to this registration. If the channel has not been created, you may skip this step and assign a channel later.
- Click the Save button.
- Back in the Register a New Device window, click Show advanced options and enter:
- Device description – type a brief description for the device such as its location or its function.
- Device group – select an exiting device group. Skip this step if there is no device group created. You may assign a device group later.
- Device tag – select from exiting tags or type in new tags.
- Click the Register button to begin importing and registering the Crestron devices on the Appspace console.