This article provides the instructions to install and configure the Microsoft SQL database service with SQL Management Studio for Appspace on-prem.
- Download MS SQL: Microsoft SQL Server 2019: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sql-server/sql-server-downloads
Install and Configure Microsoft SQL Server
- Install Microsoft SQL Server 2019 on your server, as outlined in the Install SQL Server from the Installation Wizard (Setup) guide here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/install-windows/install-sql-server-from-the-installation-wizard-setup?view=sql-server-ver15
- Ensure the following configuration settings are made:
- In the Setup Role window, select the All Features With Defaults option.
- In the Feature Selection window, keep all features that are selected by default.
- In the Database Configuration window, select the Mixed Mode option. Ensure that at least one user has been assigned administrative permissions for Analysis Services.
- Proceed to configure the SQL Management Studio by following the instruction in the next section below.
Configure SQL Management Studio
Follow the instructions below to configure SQL Server Management Studio:
- Launch the SQL Server Management Studio from the desktop.
- In the Connect to Server window, select Database Engine from the Server type drop-down menu, and Windows Authentication from the Authentication drop-down menu.
- Click Connect to connect to the MS SQL server.
- Once connected, in the Object Explorer pane, right-click the Security > Logins folder, and select New Login.
- In the Login Properties window, click General in the Select a page pane, and enter in root as the Login name.
- Select the SQL Server authentication option, and enter in a new password.
- Ensure the Enforce password policy, and Enforce password expiration options are unchecked, and click OK once done.
- Proceed to click Server Roles in the Select a page pane, and check the sysadmin checkbox to give the root user System Administrator privileges. Click Ok once done.
- Back in the Object Explorer pane, right-click the MS SQL server instance, and select Properties.
- In the Server Properties window, select Connections in the Select a page pane, and check the quoted identifier checkbox in the Default connection options section. Click Ok once done.
- Proceed to click Security in the Select a page pane, and select the SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode option in the Server authentication section. Click Ok once done.
Next Steps: Proceed back to the Configure Folder Permissions section in the Appspace On-prem installation article.