This article provides instructions to create and configure a Milestone card. This card allows you to input multiple events with a separate message for each event type, and schedule the content displayed for each event, on different dates – all in one card. Default event types are:
- Happy Birthday
- Work Anniversary
The messages for the scheduled events will be displayed on the specified day/week/month accordingly.
The following customizations are available on the Milestone card:
- Add multiple event types. The image added must reflect the event name.
- Add multiple names of people for each event. Example: add the names of all employees that have birthdays in March.
- Update events manually or by uploading a .xlsx file. The table header in the file must follow the table header on the card Schedule page.
- Configure the Title text effect.
- Configure card background color or image.
- Schedule different dates for different events, and choose to display the event on that day only, during the week, or the entire month.
- Configure the number of milestone events to display per playback loop.
- Preview the card display on a selected date, if the event has been set.
The Milestone card is an Appspace supported card, which is officially created and periodically updated by Appspace with new templates and features.
What’s in this article:
- Ensure your device is compatible. Refer to Compatible Appspace Cards.
- Account Owner, Publisher, or Editor (author) role in Appspace.
Create and Configure Milestone Card
Follow the instructions below to create and configure the card:
- Log in to the Appspace console.
- Click the QUICK ACTION menu on the top-right and select Create Card, and proceed to step 4 below. Or click Library from the Appspace menu navigation bar on the left, and proceed to step 3 below.
- Select the desired folder in the library, and click the ADD button, and select Create Card.
- In the Filter by template drop-down menu, select Milestone.
- Click on an available Milestone card theme.
- In the card Edit tab, the default Event Types available are as follows:
- Under the Schedule section, click the table icon and proceed to enter the following information in the table, for one event in each row:
- Date – Select a date for the milestone event. The current date will be the default. If you want it to be displayed only on that date, during the entire week, or for the whole month, select the corresponding option in the Show on column.
- Name(s) – Enter the names of the people involved in the corresponding event. You can add one name or multiple names. Each name must be separated by a comma (,).
- Event Type – Select an available event from the drop-down menu. Default events and any uploaded event(s) will be listed in the drop-down menu.
- Show on – Determine if the message will be displayed on the set date, the entire week, or during the whole month. Select day, week, or month from the drop-down menu accordingly.
- Summary – Enter a message for the corresponding event. The summary text is displayed beneath the title text on the card display. You may also upload a .xlxs file with event details. The table headers in the file must correspond to the headers in the card editor table shown above i.e. Date, Name(s), Event Type, Show on, Summary.
- Click Save.
- Click the Calendar icon on the top right of the image preview, and select a date, to preview the content that will be displayed on that particular day as per the scheduled event.
- Customize the following fields:
- Title font, size, and color
- Summary font, size, and color
- Name(s) font, size, and color
- Title Text Effect
- Number of Milestones per Playback Loop
- Content Box color and Background Color or Media
- Once customizations have been made, click Next.
- In the Save tab, enter the Title, as this is a mandatory field.
- Optionally, you may:
- update the Article and Caption
- configure Content Expiry and Content Tags
- upload a custom thumbnail for the content.
- Click Save to complete.
- You may now proceed to add the card into a playlist channel and publish the channel to a device or the web.