This article provides the instructions to register devices with serial numbers, an advanced device registration method ideal for bulk-registering devices in your local network. However, this method is only limited to devices that embed serial numbers to the device fingerprint.
This method supports pre-provisioning devices offline via serial numbers, allowing users to register devices even before receiving them. The device will be automatically registered once the device is connected (online) to the network. Users may pre-provision multiple devices offline to the same account instance.
What’s in this article:
- An active Appspace account, with sufficient Device IDs to register the device.
- Account Owner or Network Administrator privileges in Appspace.
- Ensure the device has an embedded serial number to the device fingerprint.
- Ensure the device has been installed with Appspace App 1.40 and above prior to registration.
- Ensure device is switched ON, and connected to an active Internet connection.
Log in to the Appspace console at cloud.appspace.com.
Launch the device registration page via one of the following methods:
- Click the Quick Actions menu and select Register a Device.
- Go to the Device Registration widget on the Dashboard.
- Click the Appspace menu, select Devices, and click the Add button in the Devices tab.
In the Register a New Device window, click the advanced device registration link.
In the Configure Advanced Registration window, select Register with Serial Number(s) in the Deployment method drop-down menu.
Enter in the device serial number(s) in the Serial Number(s) field.
Select the network the device is in, and assign a channel for the device.
Optionally, clicking the Show advanced options allows you to configure the Device Description, Device Group and Device tags for the device.
Click Register to register the device.