This article provides the instructions to configure and register LG webOS devices with a local policy file, an advanced device registration method ideal for cloud or on-prem. Users on devices with USB or SD cards, may utilize this method if they would like to register their device with local policies in place. You can only register one device at a time.
- An Appspace App supported device installed and configured with the Appspace App.
- An active Appspace account, with sufficient Device IDs to register the device.
- Account Owner or Network Administrator privileges in Appspace.
Register LG webOS via Local Policy file
- Log in to the Appspace console.
- Launch the device registration page via one of the following methods:
- In the Register a New Device window, click the advanced device registration link.
- In the Configure Advanced Registration window, select BrightSign Package for the Deployment method drop-down menu.
- Proceed to Select a network. If a network has not been created, you may skip this step and assign a network later.
- In the Channel selection mode field, select one of these playback options and assign a channel (if already created):
- Users can browse published channels – this is the interactive mode or channel browsing mode, ideal for TVs or displays with touch-screen, or with a mouse/keyboard attached.
- Channels will autoplay sequentially – this option is currently available only for playlist channels. Channels with autoplay based on the playlist sequence or any scheduling or dayparting settings configured.
- Administrators can select a single channel – ideal for signage, you may select either a playlist channel, an advanced channel or a live channel. However to select a channel here, the channel must already be created prior to this registration. If the channel has not been created, you may skip this step and assign a channel later.
- Click the Save button.
- Back in the Register a New Device window, click Show advanced options and enter:
- Device description – type a brief description for the device such as its location or its function.
- Device group – select an exiting device group. Skip this step if there is no device group created. You may assign a device group later.
- Device tag – select from exiting tags or type in new tags.
- Click the DOWNLOAD AUTORUN.ZIP button to download the autorun.zip file to your default download folder.
- Extract the autorun.zip file, and locate the policy.json file in the www folder.
- Copy and paste the policy.json file to the “/procentric/scap/application/content/policy/” folder on your USB drive.
- Launch Appspace App on your LG device, and insert the USB device.
- Restart Appspace App, and the LG device will begin registering itself to the Appspace console.