This article provides the instructions to configure and register LG webOS devices with a local policy file, an advanced device registration method ideal for cloud or on-prem.
Users on devices with a USB drive or an SD card, may utilize this method if they would like to register their device with local policies in place. You can only register one device at a time.
- An Appspace App supported device installed with the Appspace App.
- An active Appspace account with sufficient device licenses.
- Account Owner or Location Admin role in Appspace.
Register LG webOS via Local Policy file
- Log in to the Appspace console.
- Launch the device registration page via one of the following methods:
- In the Register a New Device window, click the advanced device registration link.
- In the Configure Advanced Registration window, select BrightSign Package for the Deployment method drop-down menu.
- Proceed to Select a location. If a location has not been created, you may skip this step and assign a location later.
- In the Channel selection mode field, select one of these playback options and assign a channel (if already created):
- Users can browse published channels – this is the interactive mode or channel browsing mode, ideal for TVs or displays with touch-screen, or with a mouse/keyboard attached.
- Channels will autoplay sequentially – this option is currently available only for playlist channels. Channels with autoplay based on the playlist sequence or any scheduling or dayparting settings configured.
- Administrators can select a single channel – ideal for signage, you may select either a playlist channel, an advanced channel or a live channel. However to select a channel here, the channel must already be created prior to this registration. If the channel has not been created, you may skip this step and assign a channel later.
- Click Save.
- Back in the Register a New Device window, click Show advanced options and enter:
- Device description – type a brief description for the device such as its location or its function.
- Device group – select an exiting device group. Skip this step if there is no device group created. You may assign a device group later.
- Device tag – select from exiting tags or type in new tags.
- Click the Download Autorun.Zip button to download the autorun.zip file to your default download folder.
- Extract the autorun.zip file, and locate the policy.json file in the www folder.
- Copy and paste the policy.json file to the “/procentric/scap/application/content/policy/” folder on your USB drive.
- Launch Appspace App on your LG device, and insert the USB device.
- Restart Appspace App, and the LG device will begin registering itself to the Appspace console.
Was this article helpful?