The Crestron touch panel devices are integrated with the Appspace App and HTML5-based room scheduling cards, to provide you an ideal meeting room booking solution, with a simple way to view room availability, book instant meetings, extend a meeting that is in-progress, or schedule a future meeting.
This article provides instructions to configure and register Crestron TSS devices with Appspace App.
- The device must meet the manufacturer’s minimum hardware and technical specifications. Please refer to Supported Devices & Operating Systems. The models we currently support are the TSS-7 and TSS-10.
- Create a Room Schedule card with one of the following calendar providers:
- Create and configure Room Schedule card with Google G Suite.
- Create and configure Room Schedule card with Microsoft Office 365.
- An active Appspace account, with sufficient User IDs for user mode, or Device IDs for device mode.
- An active Internet connection.
- It is recommended that the device clock is set to automatically retrieve time from a Network Time Protocol (NTP) server, with the correct time zone, in order for it to sync correctly with the Appspace server.
- Please ensure your network is configured to allow Appspace whitelist URLs and the relevant network ports.
- On your proxy server, whitelist the hostnames listed in the ‘How to set up networks with SSL content filters’ section in the following article: https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/3504942#sslinspection
Configure Crestron TSS
Follow the instructions below to enable Appspace App on the Crestron TSS device:
- Enter in the Crestron device IP address in your web browser to access the Crestron web console.
- Click Sign in and enter in the Crestron device credentials.
- Click the Settings tab, and navigate to the Applications section. Select Appspace from the Application Mode drop-down menu.
- Click Save Changes.
- Once successfully connected, the Appspace App device registration page is displayed.
- Follow the instructions, from Step 2 onwards, in the Register a device article.
- In the Register a New Device window, type in the 6-character registration code, enter the device name, and select a network.
- Assign the playlist channel containing the Room Schedule card in the Assign a channel field.
- Click the Register button.
- Once registration and content syncing is complete, you can view and browse the meeting room application on the device.