This article outlines the process and instructions necessary to upgrade from Marlin to Appspace.
The process is simple! Here’s what you can expect:
- Phase 1: Evaluation
- Phase 2: Appspace Account Setup
- Phase 3: Update Appspace Account
- Phase 4: Upgrade & Go Live
Follow the instructions in this article and keep communicating with your Appspace Customer Success Manager throughout the process.
Appspace Upgrade Process
Phase 2: Appspace Account Setup
Appspace will configure your account in the new Appspace platform, using your Marlin CMS account as a model. We will:
- Replicate your current location(s), hierarchy, and naming convention.
- Set up your channel(s). Channels allow you to customize what content goes to which locations and devices, allowing you to reach your desired audiences.
- Pre-configure your premium subscription content: Industry Content Feeds, News, and Sports
- Add a sample package of starter content into the Appspace console.
- Add devices and users to your Appspace account, following your Marlin CMS location and naming convention.
- Upgrade the software on any compatible device as needed. Here, there are two options:
- Appspace can automatically upgrade for you. You just have to inform your CSM.
- You may upgrade yourself. Please refer to Check ECS Device Compatibility Before Upgrade To Appspace to check your compatibility, before an upgrade. Then refer to Phase 4 below.
Phase 3: Update Appspace Account
Once your account has been configured, you will be notified via a Welcome email from Appspace.
Please do the following:
- Access your Appspace account to make any desired changes to the location, hierarchy, or naming convention, before we start upgrading the software on your devices. Link will be provided in the email.If you have no changes to make, just let us know.
- Create any additional content by using Appspace cards or by uploading your own files. You can refer to your Marlin CMS content to see messages still relevant to your audiences.
Phase 4: Upgrade & Go Live!
Once your account is provisioned and configured the way you want it and your devices are all connected, we can begin updating the software on your devices.
You have two options for updating the software:
If additional support is needed anywhere along the process, please reach out to your Appspace Customer Success Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore All Appspace Upgrade Articles
Browse a list of all our how-to articles, guides, and paths, available for users upgrading from the Marlin CMS to Appspace.
Was this article helpful?