This article is applicable to customers who are upgrading to Appspace from the Marlin platform.
This article provides information on the device and system requirements necessary to upgrade from a Marlin Electronic Communication Station (ECS) to Appspace.
Appspace System Requirements
Minimum PC Hardware Requirements
Minimum Operating System Requirements
Determine Device Compatibility
If you purchased a Windows 10 device through Marlin, it is compatible with Appspace. If you purchased your own hardware or are looking to buy new hardware or upgrade, then do the following:
- To determine if your existing device is compatible with running Appspace, check to ensure that the device meets the Minimum PC Hardware Requirements stated in the section above.
- Based on the operating system your device is running, you’ll want to make sure that the version fits the recommended Minimum Operating System Requirements described in the section above.
- To find the above info on your device, open the Windows Start Menu, type msinfo32, and press Enter on the keyboard. (or type into the Windows search bar)
- Click System Summary to obtain the following information:
- OS Name – operating system name and version
- Processor – processor type
- Installed Physical Memory – how much memory you have
- Below System Summary, click the plus to the left of Components, and click the plus to the left of Storage to collapse these items.
- Below Storage, click Drives to view storage information.Note
- You may have more than one drive on your device, but generally the drive we’re looking for is named C: under the Value field.
- The Size and Free Space should BOTH be above the minimum 128 GB size requirement for storage space.
- Open a web browser, and navigate to https://www.speedtest.net/, to determine the network throughput.
- Click Change Server in the lower right, and select a server that is the closest location to you.NoteDon’t pay attention to who runs that server. For example, if your provider is Xfinity, but Xfinity says the next town over, and a rival company is in your city, go with the server in your city.
- Click the the large GO button.
- In the results page, note the Download speed. It must meet the minimum 4Mbps requirement.
- Proceed to the next section below.
Check Device Connection
Follow the instructions below to determine your ECS device’s connection is active:
Check Connection via Marlin CMS
- Go to cms.themarlincompany.com, type in your Marlin credentials, and click Log In. Note
- If your company uses SSO (Single Sign On), click the Login with SSO link instead.
- If you forgot your password click the Forgot Password link to reset your password and log in to the Marlin CMS.
- In the Marlin platform, click the Manage menu, and then on Players.
- On the Players page, note the following:
- Status: Green check indicates a connected device, circled red X as seen above indicates an offline device.
- Last Connected: Indicates the last date and time the device was able to connect to us for updates.
- Windows Version: This indicates your operating system version.
- Windows Embedded Standard: Indicates this is a Windows 7 device, which must be upgraded to Windows 10.
- Player Name: Indicates the “Host Name” of the device.
Check Connection via Device
- Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press D, it will bring you back to the Desktop of your Windows device.
- On the lower right of your screen, you will see the clock and date on the taskbar. To the left of that will be your Internet icon.
- Hover over the Internet icon with the mouse to see if your device is connected. The icon below is for WiFi, an Ethernet icon will look rectangular like a flat-screen tv.
Upgrade to Appspace
To upgrade your device, follow the instructions in the Upgrade ECS Device to Appspace article.
Was this article helpful?