This article lists all necessary hardware and software requirements required to install, configure, and access your Appspace 8.0 on-prem instance.
Use this information to ensure you are always working with an Appspace supported and optimized system for hardware, operating system, network, and browsers.
The table below lists the minimum and recommended system requirements, necessary to run an efficient Appspace on-prem server.
|Feature||Minimum Specifications||Recommended Specifications|
|Processor||8 Core Processor or equivalent||16 Core Processor or equivalent|
|Memory||16 GB RAM||32 GB RAM|
|Storage||2 TB||2 TB SSD|
|Network||10+ Mbps||1 Gbps|
The table below lists the prerequisite software necessary to host Appspace on an on-prem server. You may choose either one of the database options listed.
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Server 2019 x64 (Standard or Datacenter Editions)|
|.NET Framework||Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2|
|Web Server||IIS 10 for Windows Server|
|Database Option 1||MySQL 8.0.23 with MySQL Workbench 8.0.23 (Selected during installation of MySQL)|
|Database Option 2||Microsoft SQL Server 2019 (MS SQL) with MS SQL Server Management Studio|
Appspace 8.0 on-prem servers are required to be licensed via the Account Management Portal, which consolidates subscription and perpetual license management.
With the introduction of the new licensing framework, the Appspace 8.0 on-prem server can only be activated under the following requirements:
- An active Appspace subscription plan.
- Portal Administrator or Account Owner privileges.
- An Appspace 8.0 on-prem server with an active internet connection.
- Appspace 8.0 on-prem license activation can only be done online using the One-Step Licensing method.
Please ensure your local network that hosts the Appspace on-prem server is configured as per the requirements listed below to ensure a seamless and secure content delivery.
Configure your network, firewall, or proxy servers to allow access to the sites and ports listed below to ensure all registered devices and users on an Appspace on-prem server have uninterrupted access to Appspace Cloud, necessary for licensing, content, and system updates.
- HTTPS is required for communications. Download and install a valid SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate for the Appspace on-prem server. Refer to the How to Set Up SSL on IIS 10 instructions here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/manage/configuring-security/how-to-set-up-ssl-on-iis
- Configure the DNS (Domain Name Server) with an FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name).
- TLS 1.2 is required for communications.
Approved URLs List
Configure your network, firewall, or proxy servers to allow access to the following sites:
- Any external NTP server (alternative to using an internal NTP server).
- Any external content sources (e.g RSS feeds and websites).
- https://www.worldweatheronline.com/ (World Weather Online) – Mandatory if weather forecasts are for countries outside the US.
Network Protocol and Ports
- HTTPS (443) – HTTPS port 443 open towards Appspace server(s).
You may configure your firewall to allow access to the following ports only if necessary:
- HTTP (80) – HTTP redirect of end-users to Appspace server(s).
- SMTP (25) – E-mail notifications.
- UDP (123) – For access to NTP packages.
- TCP/UDP (53) – For access to a DNS server.
- TCP/UDP 8884 – Application Networking Manager (ANM) trusted communications, if using ANM. On MediaVue SureVue devices only.
- TCP/UDP (8885-8887) – SureVue mesh networking and ANM communication. On MediaVue SureVue devices only.
- TCP/UDP (9090) – Chromium debugging services. The port is open by default, but the listening service is disabled. On MediaVue SureVue devices only.
Listed below are the supported web browser versions on the server and for client machines used to access the Appspace platform.
|Browser||Microsoft Windows||Mac OS|
|Chrome||89.0.4389.114 (64bit)||89.0.4389.114 (64bit)|
- Disable pop-up blocker.
- Minimum screen resolution of 1024 × 768 is recommended.