This article provides the instructions to register your device with Appspace using a network policy file, ideal for bulk-registering devices on Appspace cloud and on-prem.
- An active Appspace account, with sufficient Device IDs to register the device.
- Account Owner or Network Administrator privileges in Appspace.
Login to the Appspace console.
Launch the device registration page via one of the following methods:
- Click the Quick Actions menu and select Register a Device.
- Go to the Device Registration widget on the Dashboard.
- Click the Appspace menu, select Devices, and click the Add button in the Devices tab.
In the Register a New Device window, click the advanced device registration link.
In the Configure Advanced Registration window, select Network Policy for the Deployment method drop-down menu.
Select the network the device is in, and assign a channel for the device.
Optionally, clicking the Show advanced options allows you to configure the Device Description, Device Group and Device tags for the device.
Click Download Policy File, to download the Policy.json file to your default download folder in your local machine.
Copy the policy.json file, and paste the file in the ‘/discovery/api/v1/’ folder in the ‘wwwroot’ directory of your local web server.
On your local DNS server, create the hostname entry “appspace-discovery”, which points to the web server hosting the policy.json file in the format below:
Unregistered devices connected to your local area network will now be automatically registered by the Appspace App when it detects the local policy file on the network.