This article illustrates the features available in Device Licensing, which is part of the Devices module, and provides an introduction as well as the instructions to license a device to be able to display premium content as follows:
Device Licensing Dashboard
The Device Licensing dashboard can be accessed by clicking Devices > Device Licensing from the ☰ Appspace menu. In the Device Licensing dashboard, you can view and license devices to be able to display premium content that is available via cards such as the Industry Feeds and Industry Content Collection cards.
The Search field is used to search devices based on the name of the device.
- On the Device Licensing dashboard, enter the keyword of the device name you wish to display.
- Click the Enter or Return button on your keyboard, and the list of devices matching the keyword will be listed on the device listing page.
The Device Licensing Filters section allows users to determine and narrow down devices that are displayed on the device listing page based on the Base License or Content License.
All Devices are displayed by default, however when a user selects a desired Location from the drop-down menu, the device listing page is automatically refreshed and displays devices depending on the filters selected. User may also click the following filters to display devices that correspond to it.
- Standard – Appspace for industry-standard devices on operating systems and device platforms.
- Lite – Appspace Built-in devices.
- Industry Feeds – Lists devices that are able to display the Industry Feed and Industry Content Collection cards in a playlist.
- Infotainment Feeds – Lists devices that are able to display the News card in a playlist.
- No Content Licenses – Lists devices that are have not been licensed.
The Overview section in the side panel, allows administrators to quickly view statistical device and content licensing data through the following widgets:
- Standard Device Licenses – Displays the percentage and number of standard device licenses used.
- Industry Feeds – Displays the percentage and number of Industry Feed licenses used.
- Infotainment Feeds – Displays the percentage and number of Infotainment Feed licenses used.
Manage Device Licensing
Assign Device Licence
- On the Device Licensing dashboard, select and click the ellipsis of the desired device(s) that you wish to license.
- In the Manage Content Licenses window, check the checkbox of the license you wish to assign to the device:
You may assign more than one license to a device.
- Industry Feeds – Licenses the device to be able to display content from the Industry Feeds and Industry Content Collection cards.
- Infotainment Feeds – Licenses the device to be able to display content feeds from news, sports, and more.
- Once done, click SAVE.