This article lists the minimum requirements, supported media types, and current limitations for the Appspace App clients.
Appspace App in Device Mode
The below are minimum requirements to access Appspace App in device mode, by devices on purpose-built platforms such as Chromebox, BrightSign, and MediaVue, that are registered as media player devices.
- Minimum Hardware Requirements The minimum hardware requirements for Appspace App-driven devices follow the manufacturer’s specifications listed in the Compatible operating systems and devices article.
- Supported Video Stream Protocols HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- Supported File Types For a list of media and features supported by these devices, please refer to the Supported devices capability comparison article.
Appspace App in User Mode
The below are minimum requirements to access Appspace App in user mode, on web-enabled devices such as desktop computers, smartphones, and tablets.
The Appspace App user mode is compatible with Appspace 6.1 and later.
- Devices – Minimum PC Hardware Requirements
- Operating System – Minimum Version Requirements
- Web Browsers – Minimum Version Requirements
- Supported Video Stream Protocols
- HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- Supported File Types
To grant devices and users access to Appspace Cloud in your network, whitelist the following URLs in your firewall:
- Any external NTP server (alternative to using an internal NTP server).
- Any external content sources (e.g RSS feeds and websites).
If your existing network uses a local web/HTTP proxy for outgoing connections to the Internet, grant access to the following websites:
- World Weather Online (www.worldweatheronline.com) – Mandatory if weather forecasts are for countries outside the US.
- WDT INC (www.wdtinc.com) – Mandatory if weather forecasts are within the US.
- RSS Sources (various URLs) – Mandatory if you are using RSS widgets.
Network Protocol and Ports
Configure your firewall to enable access to the following ports for a seamless delivery of Appspace.
- HTTPS (443) – HTTPS port 443 open towards Appspace server(s).
You may configure your firewall to allow access to the following ports only if necessary:
- HTTP (80) – HTTP redirect of end-users to Appspace server(s).
- UDP (123) – For access to NTP packages.
- TCP/UDP (53) – For access to a DNS server.
- TCP/UDP 8884 – Application Networking Manager (ANM) trusted communications if using ANM. On MediaVue SureVue devices only.
- TCP/UDP (8885-8887) – SureVue mesh networking and ANM communication. On MediaVue SureVue devices only.
- TCP/UDP (9090) – Chromium debugging services. The port is open by default, but the listening service is disabled. On MediaVue SureVue devices only.