This article provides the instructions to perform a full upgrade to Appspace on-prem 7.x, for existing Appspace customers running an older version of Appspace on-prem.
Please follow the instructions in this order:
See the following table for the upgrade path of your Appspace on-prem version.
Uninstall Appspace Installation Center
- You must first remove the previous build of Apppace Installation Center.
- In the list of installed programs, select Appspace Installation Center and click Uninstall.
- Proceed to the instructions in the next section below.
- Please ensure you meet all the requirements listed in the On-Prem System Requirements article.
- HTTPS is required for communications. Download and install a valid publicly trust SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) signed certificate for the Appspace on-prem server. Refer to the How to Set Up SSL on IIS 7 instructions here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/manage/configuring-security/how-to-set-up-ssl-on-iis
- Configure the DNS (Domain Name Server) with a FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name).
- If Shared IIS Configuration is enabled, you must disable it and install the IIS URL Rewrite feature manually on each web server, by following the instructions here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/25762.how-to-install-and-configure-iis-url-rewrite-over-iis-shared-configuration-feature.aspx
The Appspace Installation Center may not be able to install the IIS URL Rewrite feature correctly if the Shared IIS Configuration is enabled.
- Turn off anti-virus software prior to installation. If unable to turn off anti-virus software due to company policies, configure the anti-virus software to exclude all Appspace folders and databases.
Download Prerequisite Software
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53345
- Download only one of the following database:
- MySQL 8.x: https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/
- MS SQL: Microsoft SQL Server 2016: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-sql-server-2016
- Please contact Appspace Support to get the latest Appspace Installer.
- Proceed to install the applications as per the instructions in the next section below.
Install Prerequisite Software
Please install the prerequisite software downloaded earlier, in the following order:
- Install .NET Framework 4.6.2. Follow the instructions here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/guide-for-developers?redirectedfrom=MSDN
- Upgrade your Appspace database:
- Upgrade your MySQL 5.7 database to MySQL 8.x, by following the instructions here: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/upgrading.html
- MS SQL
- Upgrade your Microsoft SQL Server 2012 to Microsoft SQL Server 2016, by following the instructions here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/install-windows/upgrade-sql-server?view=sql-server-2016
- Proceed to the next section below.
Install Appspace 7.x
The installation of Appspace 7.x on-prem involves the installation of two Appspace installers. The Appspace Installation Center Setup file is included as part of the Appspace 7.x Installer.
- Right-click the Appspace 7.x Installer setup file on your on-prem server, and select Run as administrator to launch the installer. Click Begin Installation.
- Read the Appspace’s Software License Agreement. If you agree to the terms, check the checkbox, and click Agree.
- Click Next once you have ensured the installation paths for the Application, Content, and Data paths are correct. Enter in the FQDN Host Name of the server, as it will be used to identify and access the Appspace console once the installation is complete. Example: https://<server.hostname.com>
Company Server: server
Company Hostname: hostname.com
WarningEnsure the FQDN hostname is used when asked for a hostname. We do not recommend changing this Host Name once the installation is complete. If a need arises, please contact Appspace Support first.
- Review the list of applications and services that will be installed, and click Install. The Appspace 7.x Installer will begin installing the required applications, services, and the Appspace Installation Center Setup file. The installation duration varies, and may require the server to be restarted multiple times during the installation process.
- Once the Appspace Installation Center Setup is launched during the installation process, click Install.
- Ensure the Installation, and Content folder paths are correct, and click Next.
- Select the server Database type from the drop-down menu, and enter in the database Host and root credentials. You may leave localhost as the Host. If the database engine is installed on a separate server, replace the Host value with the IP address of the remote database server.
- Click Validate to continue the installation process.
- Restart the server once the Appspace Installation Center Setup has completed as indicated.
- Once restarted, the Appspace 7.x Installer would continue the installation process.
- Click Next once the installation process is complete, and Next again at The installation was successful screen.
- The Data Migration process would then begin. Click Next once the migration process is complete, and Next again at The data migration was successful screen.
- Click Close at the You have completed the installation! screen, and OK at the confirmation dialog box.
- Launch your web browser and connect to your Appspace console via the following URL: https://<hostname> (replace <hostname> with the Host Name entered in Step 3 above)
- When you access the Appspace console for the first time, you will be redirected to the License Activation page. Please refer to Activate Appspace On-Prem Server for more information.
Was this article helpful?