This article provides the instructions to register your device with Appspace using a 6-character code or QR code. Prior to registration, your device must be configured with the Appspace App. Device configuration depends on the desired device type or solution; configuration for devices that support the standard Appspace App on operating systems such as Chrome OS, Android, iOS etc., differ from collaboration devices such as Crestron TSS and Cisco Collaboration Endpoints. To install the App, there are four scenarios:
- For most devices that support the Appspace App, you are required to download and install the Appspace App from an OS-bound app store.
- For some devices such as the BrightSign, the App can be downloaded from the Appspace console.
- For some devices such as the MediaVue, the App comes preinstalled with the device.
- For most collaboration devices such as the Cisco Collaboration Endpoints with wallpaper displays, or the Crestron Touch Panels for room scheduling, the Progressive Web App (PWA) version of the Appspace App is used.
Search the Knowledge Center for individual device configuration instructions based on device or OS type.
- An Appspace App supported device.
- An active Appspace account, with sufficient Device IDs to register the device.
- Account Owner or Network Administrator privileges in Appspace.
Follow the instructions below to register your device using the 6-character code or QR code:
- Configure your device with the Appspace App based on your device operating system (Android, iOS, Chrome OS, etc.).
- Launch the Appspace App. The device registration page will be displayed.
- Copy the 6-character registration code or scan the QR code to register (see instructions in Step 5).
- Log in to the Appspace console and launch the device registration page via one of the following methods:
- In the Register a New Device window, choose one of the following methods:
- Using the 6-character registration code:
- Using the QR code:
- Proceed to enter the Device name and select a network. If a network has not been created, you may skip this step and assign a network later.
- In the Channel selection mode field, select one of these playback options and assign a channel (if already created):
- Users can browse published channels – this is the interactive mode or channel browsing mode, ideal for TVs or displays with touch-screen, or with a mouse/keyboard attached.
- Channels will autoplay sequentially – this option is currently available only for playlist channels. Channels with autoplay based on the playlist sequence or any scheduling or dayparting settings configured.
- Administrators can select a single channel – ideal for signage, you may select either a playlist channel, an advanced channel or a live channel. However to select a channel here, the channel must already be created prior to this registration. If the channel has not been created, you may skip this step and assign a channel later.
- Click the Save button.
- Back in the Register a New Device window, click Show advanced options and enter:
- Device description – type a brief description for the device such as its location or its function.
- Device group – select an exiting device group. Skip this step if there is no device group created. You may assign a device group later.
- Device tag – select from exiting tags or type in new tags.
- Click the Register button.
- Once registration and content syncing is complete, you can view your published channel(s) on the TV, tablet, or on a kiosk.