The Appspace content portal is a newly launched central place for users to view corporate content that has been published to them. The portal improves the overall information sharing workflow across an organization making it easy for users to access information regardless of where they are, either via a computer, tablet, or phone.
The portal’s user interface aligns with the streamlined design for improved user experience introduced in Appspace 8.0, making it easy for users to navigate through the different channels and channel groups that have been published to them as individual users or their user groups.
Users may access the portal via the new VIEW button available in the Appspace console, or directly from an enterprise messaging app configured with the Appspace publishing bot when content is posted in the enterprise messaging app’s channel/chat room. In both instances, the user must have an Appspace user account to login, and can only view the content published to them on the portal.
We’ve also made it really easy for publishers to add content to any channel they have access to, directly from the portal, without the need to navigate back to the console.
This article provides illustrations on navigating the all-new Appspace content portal, which allows users to access corporate content that has been published to them either via the Appspace console or directly from an enterprise messaging app channel such as Slack or Webex Teams.
What’s in this article:
Access the Appspace Content Portal
You may access the portal and all the content published to you either via the Appspace console or from content shared to an enterprise messaging app:
- Log in to your Appspace console.
- Click the VIEW button on the top right of the Appspace menu bar.
- You will be redirected to the Appspace content portal.
Enterprise Messaging App Channel/Chat
You may also access the Appspace content portal from an enterprise messaging app, such as Slack, Webex Teams, or Microsoft Teams, if the Appspace App publishing bot has been configured to allow users to view more details about the posted content on the Appspace content portal.
- Go to the enterprise messaging app’s chat window that has an Appspace content posted.
- Click the title or thumbnail in the post to launch a web browser.
- Enter in your Appspace credentials, if you are not already logged in to Appspace.
- The full content of the post is then displayed on the Appspace content portal, if the content has been published to you.
- You may also continue to browse other content and channels that have been published to you.
The below illustrates the default dashboard display when viewed from a web browser.
- Click the ☰ portal menu to expand the sidebar and display the menu items.
- The menu contains the following items:
- Home – Returns the user back to the Appspace content portal dashboard.
- Channels – Displays all channels that are published to you.
- Channel Groups – Displays all channel groups that are published to you.
- To use the Search function, enter the keyword based on title, description, or tag to perform a search.
- Utilizing predictive search, results are displayed as soon as characters or numbers of the keyword are entered in the search field.
- Click the Edit Banner Graphic button (displayed when the mouse hovers on the banner).
- In the Select Content Type drop-down menu, select one of the following options:
- Click Save.
- Click the User icon to view the current user logged in. You may also switch accounts, networks, or Logout from here.
- To go back to the console from the Appspace content portal dashboard, click the ADMIN button.
Browse Channels and View Content
To view any content in the Appspace content portal, follow the instructions below:
- Select a channel group on the left sidebar, or select Channels to view all content.
- If there are multiple channels in the selected channel group, the channels will be listed on the right sidebar.
- Click any content or card to access and display and view its details such as title, article (description), and publishing details.
- Users with Publisher or Editor permissions, can also directly edit the content by clicking the Edit content icon.
Edit Channels and Content
Account Owners, Publishers, or Editors may manage playlist channels or edit content directly from the Appspace content portal, without having to navigate back to Channels or Library in the Appspace console.
- To add content to channels, select the desired channel, and click the Add content to channel icon. You can add content to the playlist channel as how you would in Channels.
- Or you can still edit the channel in the console. Select the desired playlist channel, and click the Manage channel in the console icon.
- To edit content, click the desired content, and click the Edit content icon.