While the first section of this guide is only applicable to on-premise deployments, the second section of this guide is applicable to both cloud and on-premise deployments.
The steps in this guide will provide you with instructions on configuring e-mail notifications for your on-premise Appspace server instance.
To jump to a specific section in this guide, click any link below:
- Active SMTP server (and server related settings)
- Valid email account(s) on the SMTP server to be used as the source account for sending out notifications
- Open (unrestricted) SMTP network ports between the Appspace server and the SMTP server (the ports may vary depending on specific SMTP server configurations – check with your network administrator)
- Portal administrator privileges on the Appspace server
If you’re using Appspace Cloud, you can skip this configuration section and proceed to Configuring Recipient E-mail.
Configuring E-mail Notifications
From the extension drop-down menu, select System followed by Configuration.
By default, you should land on the Email tab (the first tab within System).
Proceed to configure all of the necessary fields on under the Email Notifications and SMTP Settings sections:
- System Email - used to send content updates from the server.
- Alert/Notification Email - used to send player/device related notifications.
- Auto-Reply Email - used to send account specific e-mails.
- SMTP Server - the FQDN or IP address of your SMTP server that will be used for sending out notifications.
- SMTP Port - the connection port for your SMTP server.
- Enable SSL - depending on your organization’s SMTP and security policies, you should select the appropriate option to enable or disable SSL.
- SMTP Credentials - your SMTP username and password.
You may use the same e-mail address for all 3 types of notification if desired.
When finished, click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
At the Confirmation window, click Yes to save your entries/changes.
The system should automatically detect a change to the Appspace settings and prompt you with a notification at the top of the page. Click the ‘Click Here’ link.
You will automatically be taken to the Apply Configuration tab. To finish applying the changes to the system settings, enter your Windows Server credentials and click Apply.
The username and password should be your Windows Server Administrator credentials or an account with local administrator privileges to make and apply changes to server settings. This is NOT your Appspace server administrator credentials or your Appspace Cloud user credentials.
At the Confirmation window, click Yes to restart your Appspace server.
You should see a message indicating the Appspace server’s restart progress.
If successful, you should be presented with an Information dialog window confirming the update. Click OK to complete the process.
Configuring Recipient E-mail
You must configure the e-mail notification recipient address separately from the system e-mail notification. The e-mail notifications are directed and sent to the address that is configured for the ‘admin’ account of the Appspace server.
From the extension drop-down menu, select Admin followed by Users. Click the network that contains the administrator and Click the name link of the administrator.
In the Email field, type in the email address of the Appspace admin account that will be configured as the recipient of all system notifications. Click Save when finished.
You have the option of changing the first and last name of this user as well as the other user related fields on this page.