These release notes provide information on the new features, newly supported OS, enhancements, resolved escalations, and bug fixes completed in every major, minor, and patch, release of the Appspace Employee App for mobile devices, version 1.0.
Release Date: 14 July 2021
- A new menu with improved UI and navigation.
- Completed checkpoints are now saved in the reservation.
- Improvements to resource filters.
- Support for backend administrator improvements (Reservations) released in Appspace 8.0 ac.42.
The Appspace Employee App receives a new menu and UI update, allowing for quicker access to view Places, and Reservations (formerly the My Reservations tab). This new improvement also introduces the More section, which will now house the Channels and Videos tabs, if Reservations is configured.
- Selecting either Workspaces or Building Pass brings the user to the reservation screen, displaying a detailed list view of resources, filters, and search options.
- The Map View has been completely revamped, and now launches into a full-size screen, allowing for a graphical layout of the resources, while still having the full capabilities for users to directly make reservations from.
- The Reservations section, formerly the My Reservations tab, lists down all reservations made by the user, or meetings the user has been invited to. Users may also specifically search for or use the filters provided to locate reservations. Optionally, users can also create reservations directly from the Reservations section via the + Create button available.
See the changes in detail here: Browse and Navigate Appspace Employee App for Mobile
- Completed Checkpoints are now listed in the reservation details panel, allowing users to review checkpoints again once bookings have been made. Checkpoints are presented in a read-only format when clicked.
- Improved Resource Filters, where resource types and sub-types that are not applicable are automatically hidden, displaying only resources based on the user’s query.
- Users may filter resources based on the resource type, which is Rooms only, Spaces only, or All (both Rooms and Spaces).
- If Rooms or Spaces are selected, another drop-down menu appears allowing users to further refine the search by filtering based on category.
Resolved Bugs & Escalations
- AAU-176 – On iOS devices, the on-screen keyboard blocks the “Add attendees” drop-down field on the Create or Edit reservation screen.
- AAU-177 – Incorrect user name and info is displayed, when there are multiple user accounts saved/logged in to the mobile app.
Release Date: 19 May 2022
Support for all administrative and backend changes released for the Reservations system in Appspace 8.1-ac.30 platform release.FEATURE UPDATES
Support for Quick Authoring from the Employee App
Authors, Publishers, and Account Owners can now directly create a post from the Home dashboard or a channel in the Employee App. Supports text, images, and video.
In this release, the images and video will NOT be uploaded to the Appspace Library.
Release Date: 22 Apr 2022
Support for all administrative and backend changes released for the Reservations system in Appspace 8.1-ac.29 platform release.FEATURE UPDATES
Improvements to Employee App Home Layout
The Employee App portal Home page (dashboard) sees the following facelifts:
- New max width
- New Banner height and styling
- Welcome block
- Updated styling for Upcoming Reservations
- Updated styling for App Links
- Updated styling for News feed
Employee App Language Localization Update
The concierge dashboard is now available in English, French, German, and Spanish.
Release Date: 13 Apr 2022
Support for all administrative and backend changes released for the Reservations system in Appspace 8.1-ac.28 platform release.FEATURE UPDATES
Support for Language Localization on the Employee App
The Appspace Employee App supports language localization in many sections of the employee app UI, such as menu items, buttons, and system messages. The language localization options are available when you click the user profile icon and then Settings > Language on the Employee App portal. Only French, German, and Spanish languages are supported.
Release Date: 23 Mar 2022
Support for all administrative and backend changes released for the Reservations system in Appspace 8.1-ac.27 platform release.FEATURE UPDATES
Support Links to Third-Party Apps
- Employees can browse third-party apps by clicking on links available on the Appspace Employee App via the new App menu. The option must first be configured by an administrator.
- Employees can browse between sites using the back and forward navigation buttons at the top of the navigation bar, and they can close the app browser when they’re done.
Employee App Portal Theming Options
The Theming Options button has moved from the Employee App user profile screen to the sidebar menu in the Appspace console. Only administrators with platform licenses can now access the Appspace Employee App Theming Options via Settings > App Configuration to configure the banner and brand colors.
- AAU-282 – When a user uses an iOS device to select the Take Photo button in the Registration tab, the user no longer has the choice to take a photo, upload a photo to a library, or choose a library; instead, the camera opens immediately.
Release Date: 9 Mar 2022
Support for all administrative and backend changes released for the Reservations system in Appspace 8.1-ac.26 platform release.
- AAU-278 – In the Appspace Employee app, when the user is trying to edit the visitor registration info by taking a photo, the option Photo Library, Take Photo, and Choose File is not displayed, but it still opens the camera. This behavior occurs on iOS and PWA as well.
- AAU-281 – When a visitor tries to check-in at the kiosk using the Appspace Employee App, the Visitors page does not display the visitor’s photo thumbnail correctly as it should.
Release Date: 3 Mar 2022
A New Visitor Option in the Appspace Employee App
With the General Availability of the Appspace Visitor Management system, which enables employees to configure visitor and check-in information for events, a new Visitors option will be available in the Appspace Employee App main menu.
- AAU-263 – When a visitor tries to check-in at the kiosk using the Appspace Employee App, the Visitors page does not display the visitor’s photo thumbnail correctly, as expected.
- AAU-275 – In the Appspace Employee App, the back button on the top navigation bar is not showing on the content page for Visitor and Concierge.
Release Date: 17 Feb 2022
Release Date: 26 Jan 2022
Support for all administrative and backend changes released for the Reservations system in Appspace 8.1-ac.21 platform release.
Release Date: 19 Jan 2022
Support for all administrative and backend changes released for the Reservations system in Appspace 8.1-ac.20 platform release.
Release Date: 12 Jan 2022
“Facilities” Label Changed to “Amenities”
The Facilities label in the Reservations system is changed to Amenities to more accurately represent the specifics of what can be expected within a room/space.
Labels will be changed in the following places:
- Employee App > Places > Resource filter drop-down menu
- Employee App > Places > Floor plan > Resource filter drop-down menu
Support for all administrative and backend changes released for the Reservations system in Appspace 8.1-ac.19 platform release.
- AAU-249 – The Back button disappears from the top navigation bar, once the Next/Previous button is clicked.
Release Date: 16 Dec 2021
A New Concierge Option in the Employee App
A new Concierge option in the Employee App will provide the Concierge user with a calendar view of reservations within the location that they have visibility over, with the following criteria:
- View historic, current, and future reservations.
- View the Calendar on a Day, Week, and Monthly basis.
- Select the resources which will be included within the Calendar view. The selection of the resources will be called the “View” and be specific to that Concierge user. The resources will be constrained by the Location for which the Concierge user has visibility.
- Expand a selected reservation to gather additional details relating to that reservation, including organizers, attendees, locations, date, time, meeting title. and and “additional” information which has been provided.
- Filter reservations based upon date, time, resource, organizer, and meeting title.
- Export reservations records to a file for export. The supported export file type will be .xlsl.
- Delete a reservation over which they have visibility.
- Edit a reservation over which they have visibility. Editing capability will be constrained to changing resources, and date/time, but will not allow the editing of users (organizers or attendees).
Support for all administrative and backend changes released for the Reservations system in Appspace 8.1-ac.18 platform release.
Release Date: 9 Dec 2021
Support for Default Zone Display in Map View
A new Accessibility option in Settings, allows administrators to configure the Default Zone Display, which determines if zones are visible by default in Map View on the Employee App.
- When the Default Zone Display is set to Default Show, zones will be displayed in Map View.
- When the Default Zone Display is set to Default Hide, zones will be hidden in Map View.
- In both cases, users will still be able to filter map resources based on zones.
Support for all administrative and backend changes released for the Reservations system in Appspace 8.1-ac.17 platform release.
Release Date: 2 Dec 2021
- AE-7493 – When user changes the theme settings in the Employee App portal, content is hidden behind the footer of the navigational bar on the Employee App on mobile devices.
Release Date: 17 Nov 2021
- AAU218 – User is unable to send an invitation from the Invite Visitor using Employee App.
- AAU-224 – On Android devices, the “+ Add Another” text button is not aligned on the Invite Visitors screen.
- AE-7481 – Users are unable to click the confirmation button when trying to do the reservation in Employee App on iOS and Android devices.
Release Date: 10 Nov 2021
Support for all administrative and backend changes released for the Reservations system in Appspace 8.1-ac.12 platform release.
Release Date: 27 Oct 2021
- The employee’s Home Location building will always be displayed on the top row within the Places tab for a better user experience.
Release Date: 13 Oct 2021
Support for all administrative and backend changes released for the Reservations system in the Appspace 8.1-ac.9 platform release.
- Reservation notifications can now be automatically sent to a Slack app when a user makes a reservation via the Appspace Employee App. This setting must be configured by an administrator prior to the booking.
- AE-7267 – The Appspace Employee App on iOS devices becomes unresponsive when viewing maps with over 300 resources.
- AE-7268 – The Appspace Employee App on iOS devices requires users to re-login daily.
Release Date: 29 Sept 2021
Support for administrator features and improvements that have been released with Appspace 8.1 ac.8.
Release Date: 24 Sept 2021
- AE-7267 – Employee App unresponsive when viewing maps on iOS devices.
Release Date: 17 Sept 2021
Support for administrator features and improvements that have been released with Appspace 8.1 ac.7.
Release Date: 3 Sept 2021
Support for features and improvements that have been released with Appspace 8.1 ac.6.
- Reservation notifications can now be automatically sent to a Microsoft Teams account when a user makes a reservation via the Appspace Employee App. This setting must be configured by an administrator prior to the booking.
Release Date: 18 Aug 2021
Support for features and improvements that have been released with Appspace 8.1 ac.5.
- Reservation notifications can now be automatically sent to a Webex Teams account when a user makes a reservation via the Appspace Employee App. This setting must be configured by an administrator prior to the booking.
Release Date: 11 Aug 2021
Support for features and improvements that have been released with Appspace 8.1 ac.4.
- The filter in Places has been updated to include Zones, allowing users to narrow down workspaces based on zones.
- When filtering workspaces via zones, only workspaces within the zone will be displayed, while all other resources besides Points of Interest (POIs) will be hidden.
- When a user filters a zone without selecting a floor, the floor will be appended to the zone name in the following format: <zone_name (floor)>
Release Date: 4 Aug 2021
Support for features and improvements that have been released with Appspace 8.1 ac.3.
- Support for notification emails to be sent to the organizer when attendees decline a meeting.
Release Date: 28 July 2021
Support for features and improvements that have been released with Appspace 8.1 ac.2.
- Support Reservation reminder notifications for Check-ins and Checkpoints that are activated and valid based on the “Check-in Allow Before” and “Checkpoint Valid From” values of the resource.
Release Date: 26 July 2021
Support for features and improvements that have been released with Appspace 8.1 ac.1.
- Support for the Space Reservations solution that is now generally available.
Release Date: 24 June 2021
Support for features and improvements that have been released with Appspace 8.0 ac.39.
- Support for making reservations on workspace resources (e.g. desks) for one person (capacity = 1) on behalf of another user.
- Support for making All Day reservations during the same day, regardless of the time the reservation is made.
- In an effort to provide consistency between the List and Map views, once a resource has been reserved in Map view, a notification is displayed to provide confirmation of the resources being successfully reserved.
Resolved Bugs & Escalations
- AAU-163 – On-screen keyboard blocks the custom domain instance URL link field, and the Log into Custom Domain button.
Release Date: 28 Apr 2021
Support Enterprise Messaging Apps Links
Users can now directly access content published to enterprise messaging apps, such as Slack, Webex Teams, and Microsoft Teams, from their mobile devices via the Appspace app like how they do on their desktops.
However, if there are multiple user accounts on the Appspace app, the user selection screen will be displayed before displaying the content. This is to ensure that the user selects and logs in to the account that has been assigned with permissions, before being able to view the content. If no user accounts are available, the app then displays the login screen allowing the user to enter their Appspace cloud or private cloud credentials.
The following UI updates have been made to the Appspace app for mobile devices.
- The Appspace app version is now displayed at the bottom of the login screen, or user selection screen, enabling users to easily identify what Appspace app version they are running on their devices.
Support for features and improvements that have been released with Appspace 8.0 ac.32.
Release Date: 16 June 2021
Support for features and improvements that have been released with Appspace 8.0 ac.38.
- When a time constraint rule is configured on a resource by an administrator, the All Day booking option is disabled, for improved user experience.
- When making reservations, the Add attendees option will now be hidden, if the resource capacity has been left at default (blank), or configured with a value of less than two (2) by the administrator.
Release Date: 10 June 2021
Support for features and improvements that have been released with Appspace 8.0 ac.37.
- When making workspace reservations, the Map view now is displayed in full screen rather than as a toggle within the same screen as the resource listings. The following user interface features have been updated in this new Map View:
- Search function with predictive text to search for resources and employees.
- Filter icon, when clicked displays all filtering options a user may use to select and narrow down workspace resources
- Zoom functions available allow users to zoom in and out of the floorplan.
- Reset View reverts back to the default view.
- Automatically zoom on resource from a search result
- Floor buttons
- Room Status Legend
Release Date: 2 June 2021
Support for features and improvements that have been released with Appspace 8.0 ac.36.
- Improved messaging for attendee capacity limits when making reservations.
- The Success notification when reservations are made, now includes a link to the reservation event, that directs users to the My Reservations tab, allowing for reservation details to be displayed.
Release Date: 27 May 2021
Support for features and improvements that have been released with Appspace 8.0 ac.35.
- A Subtype filter has been added to the Filter bar, allowing for resource types to be further narrowed down to the subtype.
Release Date: 18 May 2021
Support for features and improvements that have been released with Appspace 8.0 ac.34.
- Support for Recurring Reservations, allowing reservations to be repeated daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly.
- The following recurring reservations can be created:
- Weekly, where reservations can occur on a weekly basis, or specific days of the week, i.e., every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Monthly, where reservations can occur on a monthly basis, or a specific date or day of the month, i.e., 6th of each month, or every first Sunday of the month.
- Yearly, where reservations can occur on a yearly basis, or a specific date or day of the month, i.e., 6th June each year, or every first Sunday in June each year.
- Recurring reservations can be edited and changes applied to a single reservation, or to all recurring reservations.
- Recurring reservations can be deleted with the option of deleting just the current event, current event and events after the current event, or all recurring events.
- Recurring reservations are displayed and can be easily identified in the Reservations list.
- The following recurring reservations can be created:
Release Date: 10 May 2021
- AAU-146 – Clicking the Employee App content link does not redirect to the intended content on the Android mobile app, but to the last visited content on the mobile app if it was closed previously.
Release Date: 3 Apr 2021
Appspace Employee App
The Appspace Employee App for mobile devices focuses on employee user experiences, allowing employees to view corporate content published to them, such as the latest reports, townhall video recordings, or corporate news. If subscribed to the Appspace Space Reservations system, employees will also be able to make workspace reservations or book a building pass, directly from their mobile device.
The Appspace Employee App is supported on the following devices and can be downloaded and installed from the respective app stores.
- Android 6.01 and above on mobile devices or smartphones
- iOS 12.5.1 and above on mobile devices or smartphones
- Users are able to login to Appspace cloud by clicking the Log into Appspace button, or to an Appspace private cloud instance by entering the custom domain URL, and clicking the Log into Custom Domain button. Only private clouds that are running Appspace 8.0-ac.27 and later are supported.
- Support for multiple user accounts, allows users to select from a list of stored user accounts to log in from.
- Support for switching user account, allows users to switch user accounts once logged in.
- The device status bar that displays the time, battery percentage, and connection status will be displayed with dark text on a white background.
For more features, and how to navigate the Appspace Employee App, please visit the Browse and Navigate Appspace Employee App article.
Release Date: 22 Apr 2021
The following updates have been included in Reservations:
- The Show Colleagues feature has been improved to search and display selected users on the map (floorplan), or list view.
- Support for Checkpoints to ensure attendees are required to complete checkpoints before being allowed to attend a meeting. Attendees that do not complete the checkpoint are removed from the attendees’ list. Once completed a QR code is generated.
Release Date: 9 Apr 2021
In an effort to streamline all our app and user experiences, the Appspace Employee App for mobile devices will be renamed and known as Appspace in all app stores.
Release Date: 2 Apr 2021
This is an internal build focused on research and development.