Configure e-mail notifications
This article provides the instructions to configure e-mail notifications for your Appspace on-prem server.
- Active SMTP server.
- Valid email account(s) on the SMTP server to be used as the source account for sending out notifications.
- Open (unrestrict) SMTP network ports between the Appspace on-prem server and the SMTP server (the ports may vary depending on specific SMTP server configurations – check with your network administrator).
- Portal Administrator privileges on your Appspace on-prem server.
If you’re using Appspace Cloud, you can skip this configuration section and proceed to Configuring Administrator E-mail.
Configuring E-mail Notifications
Navigate to System > Configuration from the Appspace menu.
Click the Email tab, and configure the following settings:
- System Email - to send content updates from the server.
- Alert/Notification Email - to send player/device related notifications.
- Auto-Reply Email - to send account specific e-mails.
- SMTP Server - the FQDN or IP address of your SMTP server that will be used for sending out notifications.
- SMTP Port - the connection port for your SMTP server.
- Enable SSL - depending on your organization’s SMTP and security policies, you should select the appropriate option to enable or disable SSL.
- SMTP Credentials - your SMTP username and password.
You may use the same e-mail address for all 3 types of notifications if desired.
Click Save once complete, and Yes to confirm settings.
The system should automatically detect a change to the Appspace settings and prompt you with a notification at the top of the page. Click the Click Here link.
You will automatically be taken to the Apply Configuration tab. To finish applying the changes to the system settings, enter your Windows Server credentials and click Apply.
You must input your Windows Server Administrator credentials or an account with local administrator privileges to make and apply changes to server settings.
This is NOT your Appspace on-prem server administrator credentials or your Appspace Cloud user credentials.
Click Yes to confirm and to restart your Appspace server. You should see a message indicating the server restart progress.
If successful, click OK to complete the process.
Configuring Administrator E-mail
You must configure the e-mail notification recipient address separately from the system e-mail notification. The e-mail notifications are directed and sent to the address that is configured for the ‘admin’ account of the Appspace on-prem server.
Navigate to Admin > Users from the Appspace menu.
Select the network that contains the Appspace administrator, and click the administrator’s name link.
In the Email field, enter in the Appspace administrator account’s email address that would be the recipient to receive all system notifications. Click Save once done.