1.7 Release Notes
This release note describes the new major build for Appspace App v1.7.
- Enhanced device registration workflows.
|Device||Models||Minimum Firmware / OS Version|
Dell Chromebox 3010
|Chrome OS 46|
|Samsung Smart Signage Platform (SSSP) 3.0||DBE/DME/DHE/UDE-P/DME-BR series||1026.6|
|MediaVue||SureVue D1||v 1.0|
|Cisco IEC||IEC-4650||v2.3.4b (build 5.354.406)|
Features and Enhancements
Improved device registration process with the following methods:
- Auto register devices using a 6-digit claim code.
- Auto register devices to the customer account using Google CDM policy.
- Auto register devices to the customer account using a local policy file.
- Auto register devices to the customer account using a network policy file.
- Manual register devices locally using Appspace credentials.
An updated user interface on the Appspace App for device registration.
Support for player properties in URL-type webpage content for signs and channels in interactive mode, to enable execution of the property before the webpage is loaded.
Device now caches and plays cards from its local storage, as a failover option in the event of a lost connection.
Support for interleaved playback in the Media Zone widget, which allows one item from a schedule to be played, before moving to the next schedule. To enable this feature, user must set the property “custom.playlist.interleave = true” on the Media Zone widget.
Support for Layoutloaded event action, which triggers an action when a layout is loaded.
- Support for closed captioning in videos in Interactive Mode, in channels.
- Default player property hides mouse cursor or X symbol.
- AE-2441 - Large video wall displays black screen.
- AE-2462 - Signs on PC Players keep crashing, caused by runtime issues with the DirectX player.
- AE-2507 - A webpage hosted locally only loads once, and does not load subsequently when using a Samsung device.
- AE-2551 - An event name in the Event Calendar widget overlaps when the name is too long.
- AE-2561 - The sign fails when videos are added.
- AE-2569 - Video does not resume after it is paused via an action script in a Chromebox.
- Date formats in the RSS Viewer and RSS Ticker widgets can now be customized using the custom.rssticker.date.format and custom.rssviewer.date.format properties. The default date format (MM/DD/YYYY HH:mm) will be used if there are no defined properties.
- Network Administrators can deploy a device task to change log levels to pull the desired level of logs from any device connected to cloud without having to physically interact with the device.
- APC-2888 - After “Cancel” or “Unregister” is clicked on the Appspace App after a failed registration, it tries to re-register the device and displays the same “Cancel or Unregister” screen instead of the Welcome screen.
- AE-2559 - Dynamic text is not displayed as expected when the ‘custom.text.dynamic.default.xmlns’ property is added to the Plain Text widget.
- AE-2597 - Unable to change the date format in the RSS Ticker widget which is set to mm/dd/yyyy.
- AE-2598 - When using the “Fade In Fade Out” transition in the RSS Ticker widget, the Right Align setting does not work.
- Playlist updates are seamless without interrupting playback when update is detected on channels.
- APC-2841 - Channel is automatically assigned during manual registration when there is a local or CDM policy in the network.
- APC-2869 - Changes made in Channels is not displayed until device is re-synced.
- AE-2587 - Appspace App does not respond to the ‘loadfrominfomenu’ action script in the Media Container widget.
- AE-2640 - Scheduled sign does not switch at the nominated time.
- AE-2650 - Appspace App stops responding when navigating through layouts on Chromebox and BrightSign.
- AE-2670 - Appspace App 1.7.1 stops responding when there is a Weather widget present in the sign.
- The Device Menu does not display when viewing YouTube videos.
- The same 6-digit code is displayed during re-registration, if the device was registered previously using the manual registration method.
- When you unregister and then re-register a device using the Register Locally option, the earlier assigned channel is automatically assigned and does not give you the option to choose another channel.
- The closed captions overlay the Device Menu screen when in Interactive Mode.
- Closed captions are delayed by between 2 to 5 seconds when playing external HLS videos.
- Video does not resume after being paused, and instead displays a black screen with the video frozen.
- Two mouse cursors are shown when switching from a portrait sign to a landscape sign.
- CSS issues such as distortions or misalignment when displaying a sign.