On-prem system requirements
This article lists all the requirements necessary to install, configure, and use Appspace 7.0 on-prem.
Use this information to ensure you are always working with an Appspace supported and optimized system for hardware, operating system, network, and browsers.
- System Requirements & Hardware Specifications
- Software Requirements
- Network Requirements
- Browser Requirements
System Requirements & Hardware Specifications
The table below lists the minimum and recommended system requirements, necessary to run an efficient Appspace on-prem server.
These are guidelines only. Exact specifications may vary based on deployment type and business requirements. Your system administrator must ensure the hardware specifications are able to meet your content needs and can sufficiently scale as required.
|Feature||Minimum Specifications||Recommended Specifications|
|Operating System (OS)||
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 x64
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 x64
|CPU||8 CPU Core Processor or equivalent||16 CPU Core Processor or equivalent|
|Memory||16 GB RAM||32 GB RAM|
|LAN||10+ Mbps||1 Gbps|
- 64-bit OS versions are required.
- Storage requirements may vary depending on your content requirements.
- Virtualization is supported on VMware, provided the virtualized environment is configured to match the recommended specifications listed above.
- If local hard drives are used, we recommend a RAID configuration for its performance and redundancy benefits.
- Remote storage drives such as SAN and NAS are not supported.
The table below lists the prerequisite software necessary to host Appspace on an on-prem server. You may choose either one of the database options listed.
|Database Option 1||
|Database Option 2||
Appspace requires a dedicated database for its on-prem server. Using a shared database is not officially supported, and will impact performance on the server.
Please ensure your local network that hosts the Appspace on-prem server is configured as per the requirements listed below to ensure a seamless and secure content delivery.
Configure your network, firewall, or proxy servers to allow access to the sites and ports listed below to ensure all registered devices and users on an Appspace on-prem server have uninterrupted access to Appspace Cloud, necessary for content and system updates.
- HTTPS as access protocol to the Appspace on-prem server.
- DNS FQDN and a valid SSL certificate for the Appspace on-prem server.
- Any external NTP server (alternative to using an internal NTP server).
- Any external content sources (e.g RSS feeds and websites).
If your existing network uses a local web/HTTP proxy for outgoing connections to the Internet, grant access to the following websites:
- World Weather Online (www.worldweatheronline.com) – Mandatory if weather forecasts are for countries outside the US.
- RSS Sources (various URLs) – Mandatory if you are using RSS widgets.
Network Protocol and Ports
- HTTPS (443) - HTTPS port 443 open towards Appspace server(s).
You may configure your firewall to allow access to the following ports only if necessary:
- HTTP (80) - HTTP redirect of end-users to Appspace server(s).
- SMTP (25) - E-mail notifications.
- UDP (123) - For access to NTP packages.
- TCP/UDP (53) - For access to a DNS server.
- TCP/UDP 8884 - Application Networking Manager (ANM) trusted communications, if using ANM. On MediaVue SureVue devices only.
- TCP/UDP (8885-8887) - SureVue mesh networking and ANM communication. On MediaVue SureVue devices only.
- TCP/UDP (9090) - Chromium debugging services. The port is open by default, but the listening service is disabled. On MediaVue SureVue devices only.
Listed below are the supported web browser versions for client machines used to access the Appspace platform.
|Browser||Windows 8.1||Mac OS X|
|Chrome||69.0.3497.100 (64bit)||69.0.3497.100 (64bit)|
|Internet Explorer 11||11.245.17143.0||—|
- Browser versions prior to the ones listed above have not been tested on the latest version of Appspace, and may have limited functionality.
- In Chrome version 45 and later, NPAPI plug-ins are not supported. In Appspace, Networks uses a Java plug-in for the online device registration tool of legacy devices. Switch to another browser if you are unable to run Java plug-ins.
Additional Browser Requirements:
- Disable pop-up blocker.
- Minimum screen resolution of 1024×768 is recommended.
Please proceed to the Install Appspace 7.0 on-prem article for installation and configuration instructions.