1.9 Release Notes
This release note describes the new major build for Appspace App v1.9.
- Support for touch screen displays in Interactive Mode and device registration for Chrome, BrightSign and SureVue devices.
|Operating Environment||Device||Reference Models||Minimum Firmware / OS Version|
Dell Chromebox 3010
|Chrome OS 46|
BrightSign 4K Series 2
BrightSign XD Series 2
BrightSign XT Series 3
BrightSign XD Series 3
|Samsung Smart Signage Platform (SSSP) 3.0||DBE/DME/DHE/UDE-P/DME-BR series||
|Cisco IEC||Cisco IEC 4600 Series||IEC-4650||v2.3.4b (build 5.354.406)|
New Features and Enhancements
- Support for touch screen displays in Interactive mode for Chrome, BrightSign, and MediaVue devices.
- Support for touch screen displays in Signs for all devices.
- Support for touch gestures in the Device Registration and Device Menu screens.
- A delay function has been added to the ‘loadmedia’ action, so that content can be loaded after x milliseconds to allow a nice mosaic effect when images are loaded.
- A playlist with multiple contents is played in a loop until user navigates out from the channel.
- In Signs, if context selected is “Month” in the Event Calendar widget, events from the last 30 days, and the next 30 days from today’s date are displayed.
- In Chromebit, logs are automatically kept for 7 days only.
- Memory and CPU usage information is now displayed in the Device Information screen.
- AE-2677 - Event Calendar widget behaves differently on flash based devices.
- AE-2687 - Chromebox stops playing the channel, and displays “Device is loading the channel” message.
- AE-2702 - A placeholder border appears on the Media Container widget when it should not.
- AE-2767 - Flash content in the Media Zone widget is not displayed in a Chromebox.
- AE-2856 - Sign stops cycling layouts after the first cycle.
- AE-2860 - The SWF (Flash) file format does not work in Appspace App 1.8 with Chromebox version 54.0.2840.93.
- AE-2867 - ChromeBox displays a black screen when web page content duration is longer than the layout duration.
All HTML5 devices
- Implementation of the Frequency settings in the Playout Properties page in a sign, which runs a validation check for a content, for all Appspace App devices. Content can be displayed according to the frequency duration (minute, hourly, or daily), and once it has reached the defined frequency, the content becomes invalid.
- Interactivity is supported in web contents in Interactive Mode. Users can now interact with content on areas not covered with a hotspot.
- Support for volume adjustment with a Roku remote control on BrightSign players.
- APC-3070 - In BrightSign, the Channel Info overlay does not hide when user clicks outside the overlay.
- APC-3170 - In Interactive Mode, the Dark theme is briefly seen before loading the Light theme.
- APC-3348 - When a content becomes invalid in a playlist, the Loading icon is displayed, instead of playing the next valid content.
- APC-3351 - Images in the RSS viewer widget do not display on players after an hour of playback.
- APC-3352 - The Appspace default logo is displayed, and then replaced by the custom logo during load.
- AE-2854 - Touchscreen display becomes unresponsive when left untouched overnight.
- AE-2959 - Transparent background on Rich Text appears as solid, after 1.9.1 update.
- AE-2962 - Unable to login to non-https based server when using a non-protocol URL.
Loading icon is displayed during a playlist playback, as the channel being called has not completely loaded, causing it to load an empty channel. A workaround to this issue, is to delay calling the channel from 0.5s to 1.5s, in order to allow the channel to be loaded first.
Appspace App driven devices are limited to a certain number of videos that can be inserted in a layout, to prevent performance issues.
Device No. of videos per layout MediaVue 6 ChromeOS 4 BrightSign 1 Samsung SSP 1 Cisco IEC 1
- Devices with Chromium version 54.0.2840.101 and above have issues playing flash files, as Google has stopped supporting flash. As a workaround, the Appspace App streams all flash files directly from the server via a virtual web page created at run time.
- In kiosk mode, the on-screen keyboard will not be displayed if a physical keyboard is plugged into the device.
- Calling Player Properties fails in the latest update of Appspace App 1.9.1, however the workaround to this, would be to add the following property, “version” = “1.1”, in the schema.json file. For detailed instructions, please refer to the Workaround for calling Player Properties section in the Cards Template article.