Create Weather card
This article provides the instructions to creating a Weather card, which allows users to quickly and easily display a 5 day weather forecast.
The following customizations are available on the Weather card:
- Configure temperature unit in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- Display temperature unit.
- Display motion background.
- Display advanced weather information.
- Display the country or state of the location.
- Configure text color.
- Configure background color.
Please refer to our An Introduction to Cards and Channels guide for an in-depth introduction to the types of cards that are ideal for your signage solutions.
Cards are only supported on devices with the Appspace App. To ensure your device is compatible, please refer to the Supported Card Types section in the Compare device media player capabilities article.
Legacy devices are not supported.
Follow the instructions below to create and configure a Weather card:
Click the Quick Actions menu on the top right and select Create Card, and proceed to step 3 below.
Or click Library from the Appspace Menu navigation bar on the left, and proceed to step 2 below.
Select the desired folder in the library, and click the ADD button, and select Create Card.
Select Weather Card from the Filter by template menu, and select a desired card template.
Enter in the location of the weather to be displayed in the location field on the card.
Leaving the location blank, will allow the card to display the weather of the current device location of where it is being displayed. This enables users to configure a single weather card and deploying it to multiple locations quickly without the need of entering each location manually.
Select the Unit for the temperature to be displayed:
Select the display options for the Weather card:
- Enable Motion Backgrounds - Display a video background that represents the weather.
- Enable Advanced Weather Information - Display extra weather information, such as the high/low temperature, humidity, precipitation, and how the temperature feels like.
- Show Temperature Units - Displays the temperature units.
- Hide Country/State Name - Hides the country or state of the weather location.
It is recommended to disable motion background, if experiencing noticeable performance issues.
The following customization options are available:
- Customize the card Text Color
- Customize the card Background Color
Fill in the Title, as this is a mandatory field. Optionally, you may fill in the Article, Caption, Content Expiry, Content Tags and even upload a custom thumbnail for the content.
Click the Save button.