1.48 Release Notes
This release note describes the new build for Appspace App v1.48.
- Support for Mersive Solstice Pod devices.
- Pinning to Chrome OS 74.
|Operating Environment||Device||Reference Models||Minimum Firmware / OS Version||Minimum Appspace Version|
Dell Chromebox 3010
|Chrome OS 69||Appspace 6.0|
|BrightSign||BrightSign XT Series 3||
Firmware v 6.2.147 /
Firmware v 8.0.48
|BrightSign XD Series 3||
|BrightSign HD Series 3||
|BrightSign LS Series 3||LS423|
|BrightSign XT Series 4||XT1144||
Firmware v 7.1.65 /
Firmware v 8.0.48
|BrightSign XD Series 4||XD1034|
|BrightSign HD Series 4||HD1024|
Firmware v 1.3.0
Chromium v 56.0.2924.59
Solstice Pod Gen 3
Solstice Pod Gen 2i
|Firmware v 4.0.11716||Appspace 6.1|
|Universal Windows Platform (UWP)||
Microsoft Surface Pro
|Microsoft Windows 10 Pro||Appspace 6.1|
Samsung Tab 4
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
|iAdea||iAdea Devices||IAdea XDS-1078||
Firmware v 2.0.2-45
|LG||SM5KC series||32SM5KC||webOS 3.7 v 4.73.60||Appspace 6.2|
|SM5KD series||43SM5KD||webOS 3.3 v 4.02.20|
|SM5KE series||43SM5KE||webOS 4.0 v 04.01.60|
New Features and Enhancements
Support for another new device integration with Mersive Solstice Pod, ideal for displaying signage in huddle spaces or conference rooms. Similar to how the app works on Cisco’s Collaboration Endpoints, the Appspace App (PWA) will run on a browser as signage, and will be automatically enabled when the device is not in use for conference or collaboration.
Only Playlist channels are supported. The Appspace App for Mersive Solstice Pod is only designed and tested for playlist channels, thus we do not support advanced channels, live stream channels, alerts, device tasks, or playout metrics.
The following content types are supported and can be included in the playlist channel:
- All Appspace Supported Cards
The following device has been tested and certified with Appspace:
- Mersive Solstice Pod Gen 3
- Mersive Solstice Pod Gen 2i
Inline with our improvement efforts, we recommend pinning Appspace App to Chrome OS 74 for better stability, security, and performance.
- AE-5091 - Audio is lost on every alternate video playback in advanced channels.
- AE-5093 - Normal layout schedule that has a longer duration overrides the priorities of content with exclusive schedules.
- AE-5206 - Playback issues in playlist channels and advanced channels on Appspace App for iOS.
- AE-5304 - An UI issue causes the Android notification bar to be active, when accessing the Appspace App menu on mobile devices.
Technical Limitation & Workaround
BrightSign XT devices
- Audio is lost on videos intermittently during playback in an advanced channel with multiple layouts, if the last content of layout-1 and the first content of layout-2 are both videos.
- Similarly, audio is lost on videos intermittently during playback in an advanced channel with a single layout and multiple media zones with videos at the same time.
BrightSign XT1144 devices running firmware v7.1.65 have the following limitations:
- Mouse cursor disappears when web content and cards are displayed in full screen.
- Unable to play a WMV file without audio.
- Unable to play multicast RTP streams.
- Audio is lost when playing back to back audio content.
BrightSign devices running firmware v8.0.48:
- When the aspect ratio of a playlist is set to Uniform Fill (default), video content is zoomed in and cropped, unlike the behavior in BrightSign firmware v7, where video content fills the screen while maintaining its aspect ratio.
The device may crash and reboot, after several playbacks of multiple cards in a channel playlist when in interactive mode.
Below is a list of LG webOS 4.0 issues that occur when Appspace App is in interactive mode:
A UI alignment issue when scrolling up or down; the channel group and channel name texts are not aligned at the bottom of the thumbnail image.
Flickering issues occur during the following instances:
- When loading video after an image playback.
- When channel playlist aspect ratio is set to Uniform.
Keyboard and mouse intermittently get disconnected or do not function when navigating channels.
Back button on the remote control does not function in the Device info page.
Certain web content may not display correctly due to a CSS issue when displayed in full screen.
We recommend switching the display from “Full Screen” to “Footer Only” on the Solstice Dashboard.
Device Info on the Appspace App does not display the following information:
- Device Firmware
- CPU Usage
- Memory Usage
- Storage Usage
Mouse is unresponsive when connected to Solstice Gen 2i, when accessing the Device menu.
We recommend using a keyboard to access the Device menu.
Universal Windows Platform (UWP)
Devices updated to Windows 10 version 1803 (OS build 17134.48) are unable to register Appspace App.
We recommend updating to the latest Windows 10 version 1803 (OS build 17134.122) or higher, to ensure UWP devices work seamlessly with Appspace App.
A cursor is displayed and does not disappear when a mouse is connected to the device, even when not in use. This is an OS limitation, where the UWP releases the cursor control back to the operation system, instead of the App, when there is switching between channel content, or web views.
We recommend disconnecting the mouse when not in use, until this is resolved.
Device screen resolution display is not being reported correctly in Kiosk mode. This is due to a default scaling option in the OS that is meant for displaying text and apps bigger on high resolution but physically smaller screens.
We recommend changing the scaling option to 100%.
For more information, click the Windows Support help link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-my/help/3025083/windows-scaling-issues-for-high-dpi-devices